9.20.2007

ROAD TRIP!

So Matt, Jackson and I are all leaving for Utah tonight to spend the weekend there for my brother Brendon's wedding!!!!!! We could not be more excited for Brendon to be getting married, and to Stephanie Gibson! She is an amazing girl & actually quite perfect for Brendon!

This will be Jackson's first road trip :P. I'm just glad that it's to Utah and not California. Utah is only a 7.5 hour trip and California would be more like 16 hours... NOT GOOD! So if any of you moms out there that have made road trips with an infant and have some helpful hints they would be greatly appreciated! We are hoping that he sleeps for the majority of the time, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking right?

On an exciting note, Me and Jackson will be flying in to California on the 24th (Monday). So we will be there for Leanna Dellenbach's wedding on the 29th!!!! I will be in town till the following Monday night! Hopefully I'll be able to see most of you that are in California.

And potentially even better news could come to us while I'm in California. We ended up putting in an offer on the 2nd house that we like. But our offer is substantially lower than the asking price, so we are crossing our fingers, hoping that the bank accepts the offer! Cross your fingers for us!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

yay! i cant wait to see you and Jackson!! Have a safe trip.

everyday katie said...

i think my mom is planning to go to the wedding. I know she'll be in utah this weekend, too. say hi to her for me. and to your fam.

AS for the road trip, I can't remember how old your baby is. All I know is bring the old favorites...toys, blankets, snacks, music, whatever. Every time we travel, I get new toys/ snacks/ activities / etc. for my boys and they always want the old trustees. Familiar is best when traveling with little ones.

Good luck!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I recommend a portable DVD and baby einstein movies!!! Good luck on the house!

The Biggs Family said...

I always thought it was silly when I saw the mom sitting in the back seat with the kids, but I ended up doing that myself.
Let me know the address of Leannas wedding and time, I would love to come and see everyone. Hope to see there!

Sundbergs said...

That is so awesome that Brendan is getting married. YOur little boy is sooooo cute. I hope we can see you when you come down to Cali. Happy house hunting

jeanine said...

Have fun! I usually pack the old faves but one new toy as well. I always have new snacks--ones that he doesn't get very often... and if he watches shows a dvd player is always handy.

julie said...

Can't wait to see you guys!! xoxo

Jean Willard said...

Call me when you come down so our little guys can meet. I just know they will be buds!

Mama Bear said...

I'm so happy for Brendon. We're sad we couldn't be at the wedding, though! I can't wait to see you and Jackson...and I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you get your house!!!!!