1.18.2016

cherry blossoms & a baby |march 2015|

With a new backyard I am finding so much beauty in it! I would find myself just going outside to sit and enjoy the backyard... something I know my Dad would have gladly done with me. I could just picture it. Us both sitting in our chairs, and admiring the beauty of the earth. Sitting in silence, and yet enjoying each others company. I miss him so much! I miss those moments with him. I'm sad he never was able to come to Albuquerque and see the beauty of the desert he loved so much. I'm sad my sweet Matilda doesn't have any memories with him here in this earthly life. And yet, I feel so close to him...




However, I know that my sweet Matilda had some great moments with my dad before she came to this earth, fresh from my daddy loving arms. There have been many pictures my mom has sent me of my dad as a small child. They resemble each other so much.

1 comment:

Brendon said...

I have thought a lot about death recently, especially about what it would be like if I passed away. Not the most pleasant thought, but as my heart ached at the thought of leaving my children here on earth without me, I was quickly reassured that death would not separate us. I would be a part of my children/husband's lives even if it was from the other side of the veil. So when you say you feel close to him, I believe he is close.

What a blessing to spend such quality time with Grandma Holmes. That is so neat!

-Steph