5.13.2011

allergies...

My poor guy. Jackson had to get some pokes in his back. We were getting ready for the day and Jackson has to know where we are going for the day. I really didn't want to tell him since he was just at the Doctors getting 3 shots. So about half way there, he was still asking me where we were going, so I told him.


Mom:"We have to go see a doctor to check your allergies"
Jackson:"No, I don't want anymore shots. I'm not going in."
Mom:"They aren't going to give you shots, just some little pokes."
the tears started
Mom:"Its okay Jackson!"
more tears
Jackson:"I don't want to get pokies, I'm not going in."




Finally got to the Doctor's office and Jackson wouldn't get out of the car. Once we finally got in the office, he was still scared, and wasn't talking to anyone. If you know Jackson at all, he talks to everyone! Finally we got called back and they let him pick a toy to take back to our room.



He got poked while in my arms and didn't like it at all. As you can see... he reacted to a bunch! His peanut allergy has gotten worse and his egg is nearly gone! The doctor gave us a Rx for an epi-pen and recommended we fill it. We get a Rx every time, but this was the first time I actually filled it. Along with Singular, for when he has signs of asthma in the night. Thank goodness for our health insurance that we have. It would have been over $300 for 2 prescriptions.



When I came home with the 2 prescriptions from Target, Matt was not happy with the price. I knew it would take some talking to get him to understand. He still isn't 100% sure that I should have bought them. In fact he says he isn't convinced he has a peanut allergy. He clearly does, and the Doc suggested a series of shots when he gets older, but not till he's 7. This series includes a shot every week for 6 months, then once a month for 3 years. Hoping that it will eventually get rid of his allergies. Not sure we will take that route.



But till we can figure things out... we have an epi-pen for our boy!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so sad. I hope you never have to use the epi-pen, but it's probably a good thing you have one, just in case.

Leanna said...

poor little guy...that is no fun! sorry my heidi!

Sara said...

your poor boy Heidi! I am so sorry he had to do that. I know those allergies are such a pain for a mom too. :( You are a good mom to take such good care of your boy and be prepared for anything. Mom's always know what is best!!! keep up the good work cutie. lots of love to you both. xoxo