Today I was able to go into the local bagel/ cupcake bakery and talk with the owner. This place is absolutely adorable!
So I had a friend take my kids for a bit {thanks Darby!} while I went to talk with the owner...
I walked in, waited in line for a minute, and I saw a lady that looked "the one in charge." So, I reached out, and asked if her name was Michelle, and she says, "Yes, its lunch time. Let's see what you have." I proceed to meet her on the other side of the counter. She looked at my 5 items I brought with me. Then says,"Oh, these are cute! What are your prices?" So I told her, then she asked me if there was a reason behind all my pricing, then asked if I would like to display a few right then. I was so unprepared {& a bit upset with myself}, and had to tell her I would come back tomorrow. Then she asked if I could bring a spreadsheet with all the inventory I will leave there.
So.......... I AM IN!!!!
Here is a link to the shop... http://www.thebagelbakery.net/index.html
She will be taking 15% of my sales, but I guess it could be worse. But I am overly excited, and have been going non-stop trying to get things priced/ tagged with a very simple tag {until I get my official logo}. I am hoping this will help get things rolling a little bit more!
I really do enjoy doing this, and since Daphne's hair basket is full... I have to keep going, so why not sell them, right? It's so nice to be getting paid to do what I love... being crafty!!
And the more I think about it, I am reminded of my own Mother. She was always doing something to help support our family growing up with her toll painting, or running a day care from her home. I feel like I am more, and more like my Mom... and that is an honor!
Love you Mom!

13 comments:
What a great idea! I'm glad that seems to be working out so well.
Congratulations Heidi! that's very exciting!
You are a sweetheart! I think I will keep you forever! You are doing adorable pieces! Pretty soon all the girls heads will be sporting Dear Daphne originals! Love you the Most cutie!
congrats! This is really cool!! You are so talented!
Your stuff is cute! I love the Ellie pins you sent me. I'm trying to find something that I can do too. I'm so glad that you get to do what you love!
That is so fun! Congrats!
yeah for my heidi! you are so amazing! what an entrepreneur too!
Good for you! I hope it goes well with all that. I was thinking about your mom while I read this post too. Great Lady! Good Luck!
This is exciting NEWS! How fun for you! Congratulations!!!
Woohoo! Go Heidi! I wish I was more crafty. I need to make time for it. So exciting.
That is really exciting, I'm glad you started selling them!
That is Awesome!!! Sounds like Sooo much fun!!! I've been trying to be more crafty lately I haven't gotten very far though. lol I'm Super excited for you though!!!
Holy Awesome Ho! I love it! You're definitely a professional!-they are darling! That is super exciting! Yay! If I was there you would see me jumping up and down for you!
Post a Comment