7.24.2010

Boulder, Colorado!

Loving the Outdoors!My cute boy enjoying the streamJackson's friend the FrogMatt and I decided to make a little day trip to Boulder for a family hike. It was a beautiful day, and so great to be able to do things like this! We drove out to Boulder, and before we knew it, we were in Lyons, Colorado. Not where we were supposed to be, but beautiful nonetheless. But Matt was determined to get to this trail we orginally set out to go to. So he started asking random people that he saw, and one lady knew exactly where it was {it was called Left Hand Canyon Road}, I didn't think anyone would really know. But while we were there, Jackson was able to play in the stream that was there, and found a little frog, and was very sad to leave him there.
Daddy and his beautiful kids!
Me and my Boy!self-portrait of my Husband!!So sure enough, we headed back and found it! It was a 2 mile trail & with Jackson walking, it felt like 3 miles. But we made it and Jackson continues to tell us how much he loves the Mountains {good thing because we leave late Tuesday night for Cedar City, Utah for our Holmes Family camping trip!}.
Thanks for the great day Love!

4 comments:

Tera said...

Ohhh, I love hiking! sounds like a perfect day!

Sheryl said...

Themz my babes!! Can't wait for our trip in TWO DAYS!!!

The Loveridge Family said...

What a fun day trip! We love the outdoors too! That is funny that Matt wasn't going to give up! Talk about dedication. Your kids are so cute and I love the little frog.

Traci Elizabeth said...

jackson is such a big kid all of a sudden! I love taking the kids to the "outdoors" they appreciate everything about it!