I am not sure why I am in love with this picture but I am. This is Daphne's Great Grandma Holmes {My Dad's Mother} Hazel. As soon as I took the picture, I felt like it was just priceless. So I thought it deserved its own post.
My Grandma Holmes has been making the most amazing chocolates for as long as I can remember, actually it was the carmels that I remember coming first, and those are just as amazing!
She has raised 10 wonderful children, my dad being one of them. It is still so much fun to be with everyone when we are able to all be together {which is rare}. My favorite thing is getting together during Christmas because I know that everyone will be there, either to socialize with everyone or to get at least one of Grandma's homemade rolls {THE BEST} beacuse they go way too fast to get more.
She is so organized that she has kept everyone in order of when they entered the family! Truly Amazing. When she celebrated her 77th Birthday someone had mentioned that there were 77 members of Hazel & John Holmes' Family! Amazing! But today I believe that with all the Grandkids and Great-grandkids we are in the mid 80's.
We are truly a blessed family!

4 comments:
That picture is priceless!!! What an amazing pair of ladies!
That is such a special pictures. She sounds like a great lady
Wonderful picture! And great memories of your grandma as well.
What a wonderful picture, Heidi. Thanks for posting it!
Post a Comment