11.07.2009

potty training

So I figured that since J was using the potty and still in diapers we would take it to the next level today. We went and J got to pick out his own big boy underwear. We came home and he wanted the "Memo" underwear on. And he stayed dry till we put him in his diaper again to go to bed {4 hours later, but STILL!}. So I will continue to be positive. We will see how long that lasts. But here are pics for your enjoyment, because I know I enjoyed them!
J made sure the froggy potty was in the picture.

He posed like this all by himself. I had to laugh!!!

Oh and yes we cut his hair today too! SUPER short, but he LOVES it!

14 comments:

Ashley said...

I am sooo looking forward to when Kennedy is potty trained. Having 2 in diapers sounds like no fun at all. I'm glad he's doing so well!

Lisa Q. said...

The first pic reminds me of a picture my mom has of matt posing in his underwear while flexing you should try to get that from her!

Unknown said...

Love that froggy potty! I think little boys are so stinkin' cute in undies. :) Good luck!

Tera said...

Isn't it so cute to see those little bums that have been covered by diapers now in big kid pants! I love it. I always dread the potty training phase because you are always on edge. When they say they have to go, you'd better run as fast as you can to the toilet because they can't hold it for very long yet. But at the same time, it is so great not to have to change such big kid diapers! Good luck and congratulations on beginning your first potty training experience. I hope it is painless!

Jeni said...

Hey! We have the pink potty frog!!! Way to go Jackson! I will warn you that boys are a little harder and take a longer time but that's just my experience! I think it's great that he stayed dry for so long! definitely a good start! Good luck!!!

Elizabeth & Roberto said...

How fun! We're kind of thinking it might be time to get to work on potty training Oliver! He tells us when he goes "pee pee" and "poo poo." So we're kind of getting in gear for that fun time!

Kim said...

I sure hope you have better luck than we have had so far.

Dejah said...

Love your new family photo!

Unknown said...

grandma showed off his Memo bum while we were at their house last weekend... so cute!!

Cara said...

First of all, Jackson has a cute bum. Secondly, his new haircut is super-fly. Thirdly, I love your new background (it rocks and so do you!) Lastly, I wish you the best of luck with potty training Jackson. It's such an exciting milestone for him and for you and Matt, too. Having two kids in diapers costs a lot of time and a lot of money (I've been there myself 4 times!)

julie said...

go jackson!! sadie is totally teasing us with the potty thing...
love the family photo on the header! such a great shot! xo

Katie Jean said...

so cute. good luck with the potty training! and i love the family photo at the top- darling family hi-ho!

Jessica said...

Oh how exciting. HOpefully the excitement continues. I love the underwear.

Christensen Family said...

Way to go Jackson! Good luck with it all. I don't know if you have heard of the "Baby Wise" books? But they have a "Potty Wise" too. Great book. Both of my kids were potty trained in 3-4 days.