So December 30th Matt and I celebrated our 3rd year anniversary in Athens Georgia {about an hour away from South Carolina}. Before leaving for Georgia I told Matt that it was his project to have a day planned for our anniversary, and he did a great job! But while I was getting ready for our day Matt says to me, "You might want to bring a change of clothes, you might get wet." WHAT? So at that point I told him I needed to know what we were doing for the day. So this was the "plan."
- Eat at a fun place {he wouldn't tell me where}, and get dessert "to-go"
- Drive to a State Park
- Either do paddle boats, or canoes {that's where we were going to get wet}
- Enjoy our desserts
- Walk around the park, maybe a hike
- Then end the day at a movie or mini-golf {depending on how I was feeling}
This was what happened...
We ate here at a place called "Last Resort Grill" SO YUMMY!! GREAT choice babe!
Then came here to the State Park, where they had this bridge that reminded me of "Beetlejuice" {a childhood fav.}
Ate our dessert and enjoyed the view, and this is where Matt gave me his gift, a poem he wrote just for ME!
With Someone Like You...
Heidi, with someone like you in my life
I don't need fame or fortune because
I have peace and happiness
With someone like you holding me close
I don't need more to know how blessed I am
With someone like you in my life
I don't need rainbows and sunsets
Because you bring all the beauty I ever want or need
Heidi, with someone like you in my life
I don't worry about missing every moment
Because I know that true love creates memories
That we will cherish for eternity
With someon like you loving me
I want to love you more so that you know how
Thankful I am to have you by my side as my wife.
It is seriously the BEST gift he has ever given me! I love him so much, and feel SO blessed to have him as my husband. He truly is perfect for me. He is so patient with me in all things. He is such a hard worker, and is the best father to our son Jackson. I feel so lucky to have him for ETERNITY!!
Okay, back to what we did...
Then we continued to enjoy the State Park and saw that the paddle boats weren't in operation... sad...
Once we walked around, we decided against a hike, and started driving back towards the movies or mini-golf. Once we got there, I was exhausted and just wanted to go back and see Jackson. It was so weird not having him with us. So while we were driving back, we had to call and talk to Jackson. I know... we are weird. we should have just enjoyed our time together. We did just that, but also still missed our boy!
Thanks for a great day Love! You are the GREATEST!
13 comments:
I want a poem!!! Soooo sweet. Happy anniversary, you seem like the perfect couple.
You got a keeper!!!! He is so sweet! I can't believe it has been three years. Time goes by so fast!
Ok...Matt's a keeper. I don't know him at all, but he obviously loves you so I officially approve.
I used to feel like that when I just had one kid...If ever we went somewhere without him, I was anxious to get back.
What a wonderful anniversary and gift! I love husbands. They are so cute and try so hard to be thoughtful. And you're so right, that bridge looks exactly like Beetlejuice. I would have been scared to drive across it. :o)
Happy Anniversary! Your hubby is so creative to write a poem for you.
happy anniversary!! Doesnt time just fly? Im glad you were able to get away for a little time to be together. WHat a little romantic you have writting a poem and all.
I love it Heidi! So so so special! What a beautiful three years...even I can feel that...both of you are stronger and happier people because you have eachother. I hope to create many memories like the special ones you have had with my Ernesto. Thanks for your examples! Have a special day! Love your Banna, her Hubby, and her baby Azaleia
How sweet! It sounds like you had a great anniversary! Congratulations on 3 wonderful years!
What a cutie! The pictures are great. I received a poem from your dad on Christmas...keepers, our guys, for sure!
What a sweetheart and that poem really touched my heart! How beautiful!!! I am so happy you are with a husband who cherishes you!!!
that is too cute! & congrats on the 3 YEARS! That sure went by fast!
Wow, happy anniversary! That is awesome! It looks like you guys had a great time...and that was a very sweet poem Matt! What a guy!
so cute and so fun!!
Post a Comment