8.10.2008

REALITY CHECK...

So I am finally back to reality...
I have been gone since July 8th {leaving for the Dominican Republic with Randi, and dropping off my son with Gramma}.
Got back from the D.R. on the 17th. Had my son completely spoiled with all the attention he could get. Helped plan and run errands with my mom for the wedding of my brother Jordan, and now wife Breana. Saw a few friends. Saw lots of family. Picked up my estranged husband the Wednesday before the wedding {we didn't see each other for an entire month :( }. Ate the yummy food we don't have here in Colorado {ie IN-N-OUT & Miguel's}.
Had the beautiful wedding {8.9.08}, and now home in Colorado...
Not the easiest thing for me to do... be with my family for an entire month, and then leave.
Needless to say I'm a little emotional!

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Miss you so much already! What will I do without my morning dose of sunshine? Love you!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Oh, how sad!!!! I am glad you were able to spend so much time with them. I am sorry I didnt make it to the reception, I forgot it was the same night as Camerons academy graduation party!! Next time you come down we definately need to see each other!

Heather E. said...

Welcome back!!! We have missed you too!!! I am glad you had such a good time on your month vacation!! :)

jeanine said...

How sad... I hate leaving my family!

Sundbergs said...

That is so hard. Just hope it will not bo so long before you see each other again

Emily said...

That is so tough! I feel for you :) Being away from family is hard!

Sheryl said...

thank you for the morning call yesterday from my baby! I was missing his jabber and smiles. Love you girl! You are a great little momma, and your boy is blessed to have you. Keep up that great loving!

everyday katie said...

So I suppose there are SOME benefits to only visiting my family every other year. I don't have to re-adjust to home life afterwards.

I'm always jealous of friends who get to go spend a month with their families.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

That is tough, but I know one thing... your hubby is glad you are home!! Lane kept asking him if you would want to come back.. For his sake I'm glad you're in Colorado! Hopefully we get a chance to visit soon!

julie said...

oh, i am sure it was so fun... but so hard to leave everyone! sad that we were not even around for the entire month you were! and you guys wont be there for christmas either this year, right?? man! it is so hard to be without family... esp. moms! i can't beleive you did a month apart, i am thinking about waiting next time russell goes away... it's a pretty long time to be somewhere thats not home... we feel pretty much in a limbo period this whole time. anyway, love ya! xo