Well... let me tell you... I have been trying to figure out what is going on with Jackson's random vomiting, and last weekend he had a really high temperature. So as I was talking with some friends and was trying to make some connections. I realized that it could be some kind of food allergy. Every once in a while if he would have too much formula {I'm trying to ween him} he would eat then vomit it all up. It was a milk based formula & I thought that it was an allergy to milk.
I have been working with an autistic boy, and I asked the mother for her allergy specialist, and so Monday I called and got an appointment that day. I went and was very pleased with the care and concern they had for Jackson.
As they were proceeding with the tests {not fun to watch, but J was tough} they start with a positive reaction, and negative reaction on one side of his back and then a little prick of 8 different foods in liquid form. Then they come back to "read" the results on his back 15 minutes later.
And the results are...
He is strongly allergic to eggs, and not as sensitive to peanuts, but its a potential allergy. SO the doctor gave me a prescription for an Epi Pen, just in case {which makes me nervous that he gave it to me just in case}.
8 years ago

9 comments:
No nervous freaking out!!! Connor has a prescription for an Epi Pen too. He is allergic to peanuts and eggs as well. He is growing out of the egg allergy. He can now eat them in moderation....peanuts on the other hand are a total different story. That allergy is more scary! Don't stress, just be glad you found out!
I am glad J was tough.
HI!!!! Sorry I have been out of the whole bloggin' world for awhile! Thanks to your comments, I finally posted something new! Hope all is well in Colorado! I'm excited to see you in a few weeks at Becki's shower!
I'm so glad you found out... honestly when we were at your house and he vomited it freaked me out!! Now at least you are getting to the bottom of it!!
I have to agree with Heather. When they did Ethan's skin test for egg and peanuts both were just a little irritated. They did a blood test and that confirmed it. We have a Rx for an Epi Pen but Ethan still has yet to have a reaction to peanuts. We just avoid them. Eggs is common and he will most likely grow out of it. I'm glad J was tough and that you have an idea what's been bugging him!
i'm so sorry...My husband's whole family has serious allergies. It's a HUGE nuisance. It's difficult to cook anything for them between all their allergies. But they all say it's worth the change in diet...it really helps them feel good. I pray my children haven't inherited any of these allergy genes. Good Luck.
My sister, Amy, found out that her little girl is highly allergic to peanuts. Not fun. I'm sure once you learn everything about it that it will just seem normal. Good luck!
I don't know how sensitive Jackson is to eggs but Corbin can't have any part of them in any way. Someone may have already told you about Energy-G Egg Replacer. It comes is a box that looks like they designed it in the 70's. It's a powder that you can use to substitute for eggs in baking recipes. I think it's great. So if that is something that you need for him, I just thought I'd pass it along. You can buy it at most Whole Food type stores (not trader joes). Good luck, you'll get used to the change soon enough. Oh and I don’t know if you take him out for kids meals, but most fast food nuggets have eggs in them. You might want to check out their websites for Allergy info.
What a bummer, but also a relief to know what the problem is. So can he not have anything that has eggs in it?? like cake?? That would STINK!
Knowledge is perfect! My cousin Katie has had it rough with food allergies. her daughter was allergic to everything and got her teeth in late and so now as a 2 yr old she is extremely picky and Katie is at her wits end trying to get her to eat more than baby food and crackers! So, basically what I am saying is I feel for you and about your other post, I hope he feels better! I went to an allergist and its tough!! Those shots hurt. I am allergic to dustmites, grass and cats!
Post a Comment